Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gilbert Arenas On Why He Sat Out Of Preseason Opener: 'I Was Really Scared Of Getting Booed'

After the Washington Wizards preseason opener on Oct. 12, guard Gilbert Arenas said he faked the knee injury that forced him to sit that game out. Last Thursday, Arenas told Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated that the real reason he sat out was because he was scared of getting booed.

"I was really scared of getting booed. It's a little crazy because I was here with Kwame Brown when Kwame was scared to go out there. I used to be like, Man, it's just boos," Arenas reportedly said. "Now here I was six years later, and I was him. I was scared to go out there."

Arenas first said that he faked a knee injury so teammate Nick Young could get more playing time.

The former Arizona Wildcat made his 2010 debut against the New York Knicks on Friday night, scoring 18 points and shooting 6-for-13 from the field.

The NBA suspended Arenas for the final 50 games of last season for reportedly bringing four guns into the locker room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
XFunmaza | Todaynews24